Your Application Approved
Applying for membership signals your commitment to the technical needs of your employer and your customers. Membership confirms your support for the well being of athletes, event operation excellence, and the best fan experience supported by technologies. Being a member validates your belief that technology is a must have critical element for all sports businesses.
You do not need to be an sports engineer or sports research scientist, nor do you need to be employed by a professional league or team to join the discussions. The range of skills and people attracted to our membership is a testament to the industry's wide ranging technology and innovation needs.
Your membership application requires less than five minutes. Join your peers, become a member.
- 60,000+ Reach
- 14,000+ Social Media
- 300+ Active Members
- 8+ Special Interest Groups
- 40+ Industry Partners: www.sportstech.directory
- Members range from global executives to local students
Your Member Level
- General Member (GM) level for any individual with a technology interest in sport. Simply complete the application below. 99% of all applicants have been approved. The only commitment required is that you renew your membership annually. You can volunteer to start an internal micro community, manage existing communities, moderate community forums, and much more.
- Registered Sports Technologist (RST) level indicates your enrollment in the institute, it signals your intent and dedication to continuous technology education. RST's are issued a credentialing identification number, offered course discounts, given a three year no dues period, access to official study materials, given access to forums, official apparel, and more. Unlock more for your career!
- Certified Sports Technology Professional (CSTP) level is only achieved by submitting additional application, school transcripts, professional credentials, and references. Once approved, members must pass an exam based on industry accepted reference standards. CSTP mark indicates elite top-tier experts, it gives you access to professional services, job placements or applied fellowships.
Example: 'Registered Sports Technologist'
Your Continuing Education Units (CEU)
ISTA | Professional Sports Technology Institute, a division inside the association, maintains its own continuing education requirements for registered and certified sports technologists. The Institute offers vendor specific and vendor neutral courses. We also offer members from other associations much needed technology focused CEUs.
The National Athletic Trainers Association's [NATA] Board of Certification & National Strength & Conditioning Association [NSCA] have designated the association to offer their authorized CEUs. Current methods for satisfying sports technology continuous education requirements include:
- PSTI "Approved Courses" [product specific or category specific]
- Association Approved Conferences [2020, paused]
- Faculty Approved Innovation Projects
- Special Volunteer Tasks
All membership levels are encouraged to select a special interest group to help formulate specialization areas. Members are eligible for volunteer leadership opportunities. Industry volunteer groups have formed an education council for sports technology standards, body of knowledge maintenance, and course development. Additionally, a volunteer commercial leadership board has formed to direct the association's business outreach programs.
*Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed up to date information regarding business or academic relationships. Our current ecosystem partners include: